The one where I share my seven top tips for teaching online.
Welcome to episode 45 of the Creative Me podcast. Today we're talking about teaching online.
Teaching online covers a whole host of different things, from written and photo tutorials, to online course, to YouTube videos. My tips cover the whole lot!
Seven Top Tips For Teaching Online
- Start with the end in mind. What will your learners achieve by the end of your tutorial or video? Set an aim and objectives and where possible, use assessment to check for learning.
- Use simple, straightforward language. Explain any industry jargon you might use. Consider supplying a glossary or word bank if you are teaching learners to use new vocabulary.
- Ensure your photography is well lit and appropriately cropped. The same applies to video. If you are using video, your audio quality should be the best you can manage.
- Many learners love handouts, printables and workbooks. Canva.com is an amazing free tool for producing images, workbooks and handouts.
- Use quizzes or self-assessment methods where possible, so the learner knows if they have achieved what is expected of them.
- Be engaging, be motivational, but be yourself.
- PLAN PLAN PLAN.
Please note, this is a very brief transcript. To find out more about these top tips, listen to the audio.
That's all from me today, thanks for listening and I hope you'll tune in next week.